Answers to Basic Pool Questions
What is it?
Common “green” algae are microscopic, aquatic plant-like organisms and can be free-floating or wall clinging. Algae grows in salt or fresh water and thrives in temperatures above 85°F. In fact, it can “bloom” overnight. Algae spores constantly enter pool by rain, wind, animals, toys or swimsuits and left unchecked, can clog filters and create surface damage.
To kill green algae:
- Use Banish® as it kills all types of swimming pool algae
5 steps to prevent algae growth:
- Maintain a sanitizer residual of 1-3ppm
- Do an initial and weekly application of a preventative algicide (such as Backup 2)
- Shock routinely
- Make sure there is adequate circulation and filtration
- Brushing surfaces is vital
Do you have a problem that you don’t see listed?
Your local BioGuard Dealer can help you diagnose and solve your problem! Stop by with a water sample to get started.